Wednesday, November 2, 2011

31 and counting

Sunday was my 31st birthday.... If you compare it to last year (click here to read about it), it was pretty anticlimactic! But I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. We had just come down from 2 weeks of family in town, so it was nice to have a low-key day. 

Of course, my boys treated me like a princess. Dave made me delicious blueberry pancakes (which was a real labor of love for him because 1)he doesn't cook and 2)he doesn't like pancakes, but he knows I do!)

Dave got me a dress that I had been drooling over that one of my BFFs was sporting on her blog. William had Dave take him to the store on Saturday to get this:
he picked out the flowers and the little balloon all by himself. So sweet!
My friend Jen and I got pedicures in the afternoon. And then I got the spend the evening with just the 5 of us. It was very low key, but I couldn't have asked for anything better! (Oh, and all of this doesn't even account for the loot I got from my family: a new fixed lens for the Nikon, fancy new shoes and an awesome shirt from England, 2 yummy looking cookbooks, and even an homemade gift!)

3 comments:

Natasha tracy said...

Look at me, reading your blog the day you posted it!!!

Tasha said...

No picture of this dress and fancy shoes?! Sounds like a great bday!!!

Melissa Batusic said...

Totally are a princess and you know it! Wow! Dave is so smart to read my blog, read your comment on my dress, track down the dress, and order it for you in just the right size. What a hubby!