Friday, August 6, 2010

Winnings

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was in Virginia on a business trip back in June.  It was a conference for our clients-- we were doing training classes and workshops for our software. On 2 of the nights, we had special events. One night was a Wii tournament. We had 4 Wiis with the games projected up on big screens. There were 4 games: jetskiing, archery, frisbee dog, and basketball. Everyone had a scorecard, so as soon as you finished a game the person "manning" the game would write down your score. The main prizes were for the clients-- the top 4 clients got a Wii. For the employees, it was cash prizes. Up until the very end, I was in 1st place. At the last minute 2 guys slid in to 1st and 2nd, pushing me down to third. That was ok, I still got winnings.

Yesterday, my winnings came in the mail:
It was perfect timing because a friend of mine was keeping the boys today!

I took the opportunity to go shopping, and I decided White House Black Market would be my destination. It was successful! With a coupon, I was able to stay within my winnings. Here's what I came away with: (obviously, not me in the pics! I stole them from their website)


As I said when I emailed a buddy of mine from work who I beat, "Victory is Sweet."

1 comment:

Tasha said...

SWEET! I love the jacket! And the shirt....well I just love white tops.
You did good on your winnings!