Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School!

Today was the first day of school for both boys! We had been planning all along that William would go to Pre-K this year, but it was sort of a last minute decision to send Hudson. With working part time, it would give me a couple of days a week to either work or run errands or whatever the heck I want!

William has been so excited all along. When we went to register him in the Spring, Hudson was so upset that he didn't get to go. I told him "When you're 4, you can go to school too." That appeased him. Well, about a month ago, we decided to send Hudson as well. So, one day, I took Hudson up to the school to register him. As we were walking up to the building, I told Hudson that this was going to be HIS school too. He looked up at me with this puzzled look, and said "Mommy, am I 4 now?" I about lost it! I told him that we had just changed our minds, and that he is still indeed 2, but he still gets to go to school.




Needless to say, Hudson waltzed right into his classroom like he owned the place. He never looked back!

Hudson was THRILLED to see his name on the door:

First thing, he picked up a few guys and then headed over to the puzzle table. 

William was pretty good about going to his classroom. He gets very nervous in new settings, with new people. But, he was very brave and walked right in and said good morning to his teachers. He made sure I told him what time I was going to be back (like he even can tell time!), and then he was ok.


He found his mat to sit on, and he was good to go.


It was a great first day, and both boys are ready to back again on Thursday (and so am I)! Yeah for pre-school!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Melissa Batusic said...

Tell me about it! I love preschool too, even though Andrew only goes 1 morning a week. No fair yours is 9-2! Mine's only 8:30-11:30!

Katie Henry said...

so cute!!! i love how Hudson gets to go too:)

Tasha said...

FUN times!!! I glad they had a good day! Enjoy your free time :)