Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rainy Day picnic

Last night, as I was cooking dinner, I decided to go ahead and pack the boys' lunch for school today. I figured I was already messing up the kitchen and doing this-n-that, so I may as well get that chore knocked out. As luck would have it, the school called about 1 hour later saying that there had been a flood at the school so school was cancelled Thursday. Nice.

So, I decided that we would use said lunches and go for a picnic today, you know, since they were already packed in lunch boxes and ready to eat. Well, as more luck would have it, it rained all night long and off and on all morning.

Here is what we ended up doing:

There's nothing like a picnic lunch on the living room floor! The boys thought it was great. As we were eating, I said to them "So, what do you think about a picnic on the living room floor?" William replied, "Mommy, I like it, but it's weird, isn't it?" Yes, it is weird. But weird is good, no?

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Way to go Momma! That is perfect. Not weird to us at all.
You did good with your lemons today:)

Molly said...

That looks like a lot of fun! :)

gdennison said...

haven't had time to read the blog lately, but really enjoyed catching up on everything!! miss you guys and wish it would have worked out to have you guys come up this summer!