Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First grade

(sniff sniff)...my baby started first grade today!

We are sending William to Covenant Christian Academy this year, and we can't be more excited about it. We have heard nothing but good things about this school!!
We went last night to "Meet the Teacher", and William was very excited to meet her (Mrs. Baker...which, coincidentally, that was the name of my 3rd grade teacher...but William wasn't nearly as impressed as I thought he should be), see his desk and locker:


Hudson and Crew spent the night with my mom last night, so Dave and I could both walk William into his class this morning without the chaos of all 3 kids. This was the only day we are allowed to walk him to his class, so we wanted to take advantage of it!
Wednesday all the kids go to chapel, and they have a special "chapel day" uniform.
This is what William will wear every Wednesday.




walking up to the building!

putting his backpack/lunchbox in his locker


Each kid had a "first day of school" worksheet to start on as they arrived. 
He settled in nicely to his desk, and kissed us goodbye with no problems. And that's that. Another first day of school! I can't wait to hear about how it went today!

3 comments:

Scott and Ashley said...

Adorable! Such a big boy! I think it totally cool his teacher is Miss Baker. :-)

Melissa Batusic said...

And I think his Wednesday chapel uniform is totally cool!
I can't believe you have a first grader, Meg. That means you'll have a middle schooler in 5 years!

Laura SanchezQuan said...

You're so calm. Reading this made me realize how not-calm I will be. :)