Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Baby is SIX!

It's happened in a flash...just like I was warned when he was born. William turned 6 yesterday, and I'm still in denial. After he got up he said to me, "mommy, now that I'm 6, I'm going to start acting like an adult." Sure, whatever. He also proceeded to tell me "don't worry mommy, I'll always be your baby. I'll always give you hugs, kisses, and cuddles, even when I'm an adult." I have to document him saying this, as I'm sure in a few short years he will start to heavily resist!

Around here, birthdays are a big deal. It's the one day in the year that each person get "their" day. Every meal is their choice, and we just like to celebrate!

I got everything read the night before:

which was fun, because it was the first thing he saw when he got up: 


We let him open 2 of his gifts before school. First, an animal encyclopedia from my sister: 
 then, a Connect 4 game from Hudson:

He wanted donuts for breakfast, so Dave went and got everyone donuts before they got up...and it was especially a fun morning because he went into work late. Normally, he leaves so early that the kids don't get to see him in the mornings.

When it was time to pick William up from school, I left these 2 guys with Mimi:
 and I picked up William and his friend, Lilly, to have a fun afternoon together...getting Starbucks and new binoculars (and William was so sweet, he wanted to get Hudson some binoculars too!)

His dinner of choice was tomato soup from Panera (go figure). I had told him I would make him anything he wanted, or we could go to any restaurant he wanted. We went to dinner with my mom and Aunt Ami and Uncle Jeremy. And then we followed it by coming home for a few more presents!

a cool helicopter/book from Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Ami:

a new Rokenbok power sweeper from Grandma and Grandpa:

oh, and a quick birthday call from Uncle Garrett:

not pictured: sidewalk chalk, a magic set from Aunt Tasha, a boomerang from Aunt Tasha, a zoo membership from Uncle Trent and Aunt Paige, a new video game, and birthday calls from Grandma, Papa, Keira and Emery, and FaceTime with Uncle Trent and Aunt Paige.

And of course, what's a birthday celebration without CAKE?!?!

1 comment:

Scott and Ashley said...

Unbelievable that William is 6! Sounds like a fun day! If I let Keaton pick breakfast, lunch, and dinner, we would eat at "old mcdonalds" for every meal!

Happy Birthday William from Aunt Ashley, Keaton, and Mark!