Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Heart Day

We (meaning, Dave and I) don't celebrate Valentine's Day. I realize that sounds a bit harsh. It's not that I don't like flowers, chocolate, gifts, etc... I'm just not a fan of spending triple the price for something I could get at normal price the very next day.

Of course, with the kids, we go bonkers. We made homemade valentines a few weeks ago for their school friends. Last Friday, we had friends over to decorate cookies.
I think Hudson and Sarah are making eyes at each other! (side note: Hudson informed us the other day that he's engaged to Sarah!)
Gracie is probably one of the most "attention to detail" crafter kids I've ever met (she comes by it honestly though)
I love how this picture shows Elizabeth stealing candies from her sister's cookie when she's not looking!
notice the icing on Hudson's mouth? Ya, he didn't save ANY of his decorated cookies.
my 2 very unimpressive, but oh-so-delicious cookies
Today the kids had Valentine parties at school, and it's been like Halloween. Our candy box has been substantially re-stocked!

I can't remember the last time we actually went out on a date for Valentine's day. I'm not complaining. I don't like the huge crowds anyway... 
One thing I do love?
A night out with my man to see my Mavs:
We went to the game last night, and it was awesome (the Mavs won...of course).
 I was going to take a picture of us, but my phone died half way through the game.
So really, who needs a Hallmark holiday to show love? Not this low-mainenance girl. (haha)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And let's have a shout out to Mom for making that outing possible :-)

Tasha said...

I had no idea you felt this way about the big love day! I think we can be true friends now. :) We are the same way about the day. I do everything I do(which was not much this year)for the boys. In fact I will go today to find Kroger's overstocked selsction of flowers marked down to NOTHING!

Melissa Batusic said...

Hahahaha!!!!! I'm laughing at the low-maintenance part :)

Janelle said...

Hahaha. We haven't' gone out on V-day since we were dating! I feel the exact same way about waiting a few days to get "normal" priced dinner etc. :)