Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 5: 2 months old!


Yesterday was Crew's actual 2 month birthday, but since he had his 2 month well-check today, I wanted to wait so I could post his stats!
-  He weighs 13lbs (50%), 23inches long (50%), and he has a 16" head (50%). I'm sure some of these %s will change-- particularly the height!! I think he probably lost about 2-3 ounces after they weighed him, as he pooped A TON as soon as I put on a fresh diaper. Typical.
-  He is a happy, content baby 90% of the time. The other 10% he's letting me know that he's hungry,    needs a change of position, or has gas....
-  He is sleeping anywhere from 8-11 hours at night. Usually it's closer to 8/9, but last night, he went 11 hours! A lot of people say to me, "oh, you're so lucky that he's such a good sleeper." While I do recognize that some babies sleep better than others, my opinion is that sleeping through the night is a learned behavior. One of my main goals when I have babies is to get them sleeping through the night. Mama loves her sleep! It doesn't come easy...there's crying (from both of us)...there's waking (I believe in waking him up during the day, so that he has a full belly to go to bed on)... eventually, there's sleeping! 
-  He smiles, but mostly it's just at mommy. Daddy and Mimi have gotten a few out of him, but he's stingy with them. William and Hudson have also gotten a few.
-  He LOVES his brothers (and they adore him). When I'm holding him, if William or Hudson come in the room, he will turn his head towards them. 
-  We are all absolutely LOVING having this little man around.
This is one of the 10% unhappy moments:
"mommy, please STOP taking my picture!"
December Photo Project

2 comments:

Scott and Ashley said...

oh, he's precious!! I wish I could hold him!!

Melissa Batusic said...

He's so sweet! LOVE his belly!