Wednesday, August 17, 2011

32 weeks

I can't believe we only have 8 weeks to go (or maybe even less??!!) until this little guy makes his appearance. We are still somewhat undecided on a name, but I feel like we're getting there. His room is coming together nicely (I'll save that for another post once it's complete).

It seems impossible for me to get myself together to have Dave take a true "belly" shot, so I decided to just do it myself while my camera was handy. 


32 weeks in all it's glory!

My only stress point right now is about the car seat situation. Word out there is that car seats expire after 5 years. Ours is 6 years old. Does anyone out there know if this is a money-maker for the car seat industry, or if it would be truly unsafe for me to put my baby in my 6 yr old Peg Perego car seat?

5 comments:

Molly said...

I'll tell you what Emily would say re: the car seat. Follow the exp. date. Straps get heated and cooled over time, warping them. Plus the stress on them over the years. Better safe than sorry. Sorry. She's totally a kill joy.

Laura SanchezQuan said...

I hate to say it but yah, you pobably should get a new one. But hey, you look great so that's a positive!

EmilyV said...

Yep, if it's expired, trash it. Better safe than sorry. The expiration date should be printed on the side of the seat somewhere or at least the date of manufacture. Not all seats are 5 years, so it is worth checking.

Tasha said...

You look GREAT!!!! You younger gals seem to be more up on the carseat rules. I was going to say to use it. We tend to break the laws around here :)

Janelle said...

Especially in the heat, you need to get a new one because of the straps! You look great! Feeling good?