Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cheap and Easy Entertainment

As you probably know about my family, we are very easily entertained by each other. It especially comes out when my brother is around. When I was in high school, it was NON stop. He was always up to something. So we have a plethera (correct spelling??) of stories of things that my brother did to make us laugh. Here is one of the stories: one afternoon when we were in high school, my brother decided, in his boredom, that it would be fun to see if he could stuff EVERY SINGLE cushion from the couch into his sweatpants and sweatshirt. Well, he accomplished it, and I took a picture of it to keep for all time. Of course, that was before digital, and I have been unable to put my hands on this picture!!!

My brother and his new wife, Paige, are here for the weekend. Well, Paige didn't get here until late last night, and Trent got here Thursday night. So we had all day yesterday with just him. After we got all the kiddos to bed, we were sitting around thinking of what to do to pass the time until Paige got there. I dared him to see if he could put all the cushions from my mom's couch into his shirt. Of course, he had to give it a whirl. At first, my mom was against it...not wanting to destroy her cushions or the shirt Trent was wearing that he had borrowed from my dad (which, is nearly 20 years old, so probably pretty fragile). But we all got to into it and got to laughing so hard that we couldn't stop. I think he ended up with about 6 throw pillows and a blanket in his shirt. Here are a few pics of our adventure:


I assure you that it provided us with at least 30 minutes of PAINFUL laughter. You know the kind of laughter that makes the back of your head hurt b/c you are laughing so hard? I love that kind of entertainment. We were all so pooped from the laughing that we decided to play a game of Speed Scrabble. Oh, and by the way, I smoked everyone.

2 comments:

Melissa Batusic said...

Hey Meg! Just wanted you to know that I love reading your blog, I'm really bad about commenting :) Hope you're doing great! Have a great weekend with Trent and Paige!

Molly said...

That is only because I wasn't there to smoke ALL of you! :)