Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Shananigans

Besides for swimming at the pool nearly every single day, we've been spending the slow part of our summer playing with friends, watching tv (I'm just going to go ahead and admit it), science experiments, reading, playing, fighting (well, the kids are, anyway), arguing (again, the kids), VBSing, and generally just enjoying the slow pace of summer. 
Here are some of the (iPhone) captured moments:



The boys got to climb into and on top of a real tank at the fireworks show we went to on the 4th:


What kid doesn't love playing in laundry baskets?

and boxes....

William made himself a laptop, and below he is skyping with his baby cousin, Mailey.

biking to donuts and the pool:


We discovered a yummy Tim Love restaurant down on the Trinity River. The boys had fun exploring while we were waiting for our table:




Crew is no longer satisfied to share ice cream with his brothers at Chick-Fil-A. He now requires his own (and he couldn't be happier!):

8 boys (2 not pictured), 2 girls. It's about time my boys aren't outnumbered by girls!!

Crew is super excited about his new school backpack. Yep, that's right. Crew is going to school in the fall! (only 1 day a week...)

Crew LOVES dressup!


Crew smeared ketchup all in his hair. I used a wipe to clean it off, and it created hair gel. Maybe he needs a trim?

Doing science experiments with friend, Dane.

watching tv:

snack-time:

Crew is loving his new hat. William and Hudson say he looks like Uncle Garrett now!



Crew loves my new running shoes.

As you can see, we lead a pretty exciting life. Ha! It's ok. I'm loving the slow paced, dog days of summer with my boys. I'm dreading August 13, when I'm going to lose William AND Hudson to school.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Looks like y'all are having a fun summer. I love the lazy days.
I can not get over how big Crew is!!! He looks like a big boy--his face looks older. He is a doll! And he is going to school?! I am glad to hear you'll miss the boys. Most moms can't stand for their children to go back to school.