Saturday, July 27, 2013

One of our favorite places

The Fort Worth Zoo is one of our favorite places here. We have been members for nearly 4 years now (ever since William turned 3, which is when you have to start buying tickets for kids), and we go at least 10-15 times a year. It's AWESOME. We don't normally go in the summer because it's just too darned hot, and even if we wanted to brave the heat, the animals would all be sitting in the shade or sleeping, so it wouldn't really be worth it.
A couple of weeks ago we had a major break in the heat. It was like 80 degrees for a week! Granted, it rained nearly every day, but it was nice. The 1 day that it didn't rain, we decided to head to the zoo. And I am glad we did! I had heard, but forgotten, that a baby elephant had been born. When we drove up to the zoo there were pink bows tied on all the trees leading up to the zoo. So, we decided the elephants would be our first stop!

We found out that she was 1 week old!!! How cute is she?

Crew loved watching them:

People who know me well know that I do not like birds. Well, I don't like being in a confined space with them. Gross. Anyway, because all of my kids love it, and I didn't have my sister here to pawn them off on, I had to brave the bird habitat. And actually, it wasn't too bad.


Of course we saw all the other favorites: monkeys, gorillas, Zebras, giraffes, lions, tigers, etc... It was a great day, especially for being mid-July, and we didn't melt!

No comments: