Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Boston

I think I've mentioned it before. Once a year I go away for a week for work. It's our annual user conference, so we spend a lot of time in training classes for our clients. But, we also get to see the local sights, eat yummy food, and hang out. This year my trip was to Boston. I absolutely LOVE Boston. I hadn't been there since Trent graduated from Harvard 8 years ago. It was fun to go back.
I didn't get to see a lot of the sights I would have liked to have seen again, but I did get to experience a few new things!
We stayed right at Copley Square, and I could see where the Boston Marathon finish line was from my hotel room. It was amazing to see the memorial that was set up for the bombing. I was glad I went and saw it the day I arrived- it was cleared out the next day!

Our hotel was right next to the Prudential Tower, and they had a great restaurant/bar on the 52nd floor. It provided a great view of the city!

I'm not really much of a baseball fan. Some of my co-workers suggested going to Fenway to see the Red Sox play, and I wasn't overly thrilled about it. I mentioned it to Dave, and he said it wasn't really an option. When you have the opportunity to go to Fenway, you go. So I went. It was really cool to see such an old Ballpark.

As a company, we went out on a Tall Ship for a dinner cruise. I don't think I'd ever been on a real sailboat before. I didn't have very high expectations for it, and I was greatly surprised. It was very cool...and we had lobster tail for dinner. I could get use to that!!!

I had a great time away in a fantastic city, but I was gone for a week. That's a long time to be away from my babies. I was happy to get home to them!!

No comments: