Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thing 1 and Thing 2

Our good friends, Pete and Laura, are preparing to have twins in about 2 months. Pete and Dave used to work together at Bell, until Pete jumped ship awhile ago. We wanted to celebrate, and since all the husbands are such good friends, it made sense to make it a fun couples party. They're having a boy and a girl, so we wanted to make it a theme that wasn't too boyish or too girlish...plus, we didn't' want to scare away the men with too much baby looking stuff! Thanks to Pinterest, we got fantastic ideas for a Thing 1 and Thing 2 shower.

How cute are these little onesies???
Joel and Melissa, Pete and Laura, Dave and I



I was so happy with how these whimsical centerpieces turned out.
Very Dr. Seuss-ish!


We had to "man" up the shower a bit, so we had burgers, hot dogs, and chips for dinner. Oh, and lots and lots of beer.


The cupcakes were the biggest disappointment. I blame Pinterest. We saw these awesome cupcakes with blue cotton candy "hair." I borrowed a friends' cotton candy machine, and made them so cute. After about 15 minutes, the cotton candy totally melted and got all gross. You can see it all withered in the above pic. Oh well. Pinterest FAIL!


For dessert we had an ice cream bar. It was delicious. My co-host, Melissa, made the amazing m&m bowl with kit kats on the outside. SO cute, and SO yummy!

We are so excited to welcome these 2 precious babies!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Very CUTE!!! I made those cupcakes during our Dr. Seuss week....I wish I would have known you were doing this or you had known I made them. I bought cotton candy and you can't add it until RIGHT BEFORE eating them. Super cute shower!

Melissa Batusic said...

Thanks to Pinterest we can all be creative! I love what you did! So adorable!

Laura SanchezQuan said...

Tell your friend who is having twins, (if she doesn't know already) to become a member of a local MOMs (Mother's of Multiples) Club. It's amazing for resources, support, product knowledge and even buying and selling twin and baby stuff... and a lot more! She can contact me, or look on TMOM's (Texas Mothers of Multiples) site I think, to find local clubs. BEST THING I EVER DID, my friend. AND, it's best to join when preggers!

Such a cute shower, btw, love it!