Thursday, June 7, 2012

Quasi-Camping

Memorial Day weekend we went for our 3rd annual "camping" trip to my parent's house up in Oklahoma. I say "quasi" because typically the men/kids camp while us ladies sleep in the comfort of beds and air conditioning. We always have a blast, and this year was no different. We added a new family this year, so it was fun to show the "newbies" the ropes. We hit the usual spots: Kiddie Park, Dinks, and Woolaroc. My dad got a horse this year, and this one was a little extra special because she came with her 1 month old baby colt! The kids were wild for the little baby horse. My dad also brought over my brother's '76 Land Cruiser. He and Garrett took off the doors, roof, and windshield, and then mowed a path around the property. It was so fun going around the property...we even discovered a Mulberry tree and Blackberry bushes (how did I never know those were there???)!!!
It was a perfect weekend with friends, and we're already looking forward to next year...with my sister finally joining us!

My mom and I and the kids got there a day early to set up tents, go grocery shopping, and spend some time with my grandma.

my Grandma has really gotten in some good time with the boys in the past month or so. She was very
excited to feed Crew his breakfast!
We hit Kiddie Park Friday and Saturday night. Watching the kids on the bumper cars is probably a highlight of the weekend for me.

The kids (and adults) LOVED going for rides on the Cruiser! (check out the baby horse!)

The kids think it's the best thing ever to get out their seats and stick their heads out the window as we cruise through Woolaroc.
 This year we went to the Mountain Man exhibit, and Hudson shot a rifle (first time ever!), and they both threw tomahawks. Super cool.
 William and Emily wrote a book, complete with illustrations. It was a "fantasy" story that combined their camping weekend with Narnia (they watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe one afternoon while the dads played golf). It was priceless, and they worked on it for HOURS!

Such a fun weekend with sweet friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a 72 Cruiser