Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!

We just finished up birthday #4 in the birthday lineup. (In case you're wondering, we have 15 birthdays in our families between Oct 30 and Feb 26)! I kicked off the birthday season followed by Keira (5!) on Nov 9, my dad Nov 11, and Dave's dad Nov 13. Unfortunately, we didn't get to spend the special days with Keira or Bill, but we did get to celebrate with my dad.

We celebrated on Friday night at our house with Ribs, mashed potatoes, cole slaw, baked beans, and Pumpkin Trifle:


I got attacked by Hudson, and here is William trying to fight him off. I was laughing so hard:

For my dad's birthday this year all of us kids (plus Garrett and my mom) pitched in and we got him a home brew kit. It takes about a month of fermenting, so we got started this weekend so it'd be ready for Christmas when everyone is home:
 Dad and Garrett pouring in the Malt Extract (side note: did you know malt extract tastes like molasses? YUM):

It's been a fun birthday week...and we have a small break until the next set of birthdays: Dave's grandma, our brother-in-law Jeff (Dec 22), Hudson (Dec 31), Tasha (Jan 3), Dave's sister (Jan 9), Dave (Jan 13) and Trent (Jan 22)... and the list goes on and on.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Happy late Bday Rick!
Home brews! Yum!
Let me know how it turns out.
The pumpkin trifle looks amazing!!!

Archly said...

Was that trifle as good as it looks? Maybe you should post the recipe!