Saturday, November 27, 2010

Alma Mater

One of the great things about coming to Lookout Mountain for a visit (besides visiting Dave's family, of course) is that we get to be in our "old stomping ground" where we went to college. His parents live about 2 miles from Covenant, and we love to go up there and walk around to see how things have changed and reminisce about the old days. Today was one of those days when the weather was nice and crisp and not a cloud in the sky, which is perfect up here on the mountain!

I gave Dave's dad a quick tutorial on my new camera, and we got busy snapping away.

we started on the lookout:
 Carter hall (dorms/cafeteria) in the background:

 thumbs up from Hud:
 the boys were fascinated by the goldfish pond:
 another overlook spot:
 I LOVE the entrance sign:
 Grandpa and Hudson: 2 peas in a pod!!
 doing what he loves: picking berries!

It was a beautiful day to roam the college! We had some amazing memories up there, and I look forward to going back many many times!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

GREAT pictures! Love the new background and header. Good job!
Sounds like your family had a nice trip.

Katie Henry said...

love the new look on the blog! i really need to keep up with mine...think im gonna have mel change mine soon:)

Melissa Batusic said...

Great pictures and great new look on the blog!

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

I am SO sorry it's taken me this long to peek!!! So it was a bright day, who knew?! I was in my darkened room, willing the world to STOP.

And I sooo wish I could have seen Dr. D with that camera. LOL.