Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pre-Halloween @ Kiddie Park

One of the reasons for our trip up to Oklahoma this past weekend was because it was a special weekend at The Kiddie Park. Normally, it's only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. But, it's open for 1 weekend in October for "Spook-A-Rama" and all the kids wear their halloween costumes, and the place is covered in Halloween decor. I have to say, it was SO nice to have cooler weather, since we're normally there when it's scorching hot!
2 of our good friends from our church joined us: the Hambys and the Smiths. It was perfect because they each have 2 kids, aged 2 and 4. So, we had 3 2 yr olds and 3 4 yr olds all weekend. 

I will let the pictures do the talking:


sophie's first experience with cotton candy:


Yes, that is me in the orange shirt. What you can't see is how fast we were spinning. You know, it's one of those where you spin it as fast as you can and then hold on for dear life. It was so much fun. If I'm going to be totally honest, I would have liked to ride that sans kids to really see how much speed I could generate:


 Hudson and Lilly:

Not sure if you can tell, but William is "flying" the plane like Superman:

the last of the night and favorite:

Our only complaint about the evening was it was SLAMMED. In the summer when we go, we typically don't have to wait more than 2-3 minutes for each ride. This time, we had to wait at least 10-15 minutes per ride. It was a real bummer, but the kids still had a blast! 

1 comment:

Melissa Batusic said...

And I would be right by your side on that ride! I bet we could fly, Meg :) Man, I really need to go to kiddie park.