Monday, February 22, 2010

PBR @ Cowboys Stadium

In case you aren't family with what "PBR" means: Professional Bull Riding. We went to the "Iron Cowboy Invitational" on Saturday night at the new Cowboys Stadium. Covenant (my alma mater) brought their business club out here for a networking trip to meet with some area businesses (side note: while I'm very excited that Covenant is doing this, I'm a bit annoyed. When I was in the business club, we did NOTHING like this. I'm happy for them though...). Anyway, the assistant director of alumni contacted local alum to see if any of us wanted to come with them to this event. We decided to take William and leave the little guy at home. We knew it'd be a late night out, and Hudson loves his sleep.

William was very excited to wear his new shirt to something like BULL RIDING. Also, it's a double meaning because William is our "bull headed" child!

William and I waiting for the riding to start (there was a country/rock concert beforehand). 

Cowboys Stadium and the PBR pulled out all the stops. They poured gasoline on the dirt on both sides of the arena, spelling PBR, then they lit it on fire! And what's an event at the Stadium without fireworks? It was very cool, and William loved every minute of it.

Our seats were decent, but I got a better pic of the 70yd TV! 

We watched the top 24 bull riders in the world. One word: CRAZY! Why anyone would want to do this to themselves is beyond me. But I'm happy to come and watch. This competition was bracket style, so the winner would end up having 5 rides! Needless to say, it was a long night. We left by 10:30, and they were only finishing up the 2nd round!

A funny story: we were running a bit late to the stadium. We needed to be there at 6:30, and we knew we'd have to walk nearly a mile from the parking lot to the stadium. While we were planning to stop at Panera and eat dinner, we just didn't have time. So, we ran through the drive-thru at Braums and ate in the car.  William was very excited. While he was eating, he said "mommy, this is SUCH a nice dinner." Wow. I tried not to take it as an insult to my cooking!

It was a fun night with the Covenant Business Club, and a fun night with just William. We so rarely get time with JUST William, so it was nice to have a mommy/daddy night with him.

2 comments:

Melissa Batusic said...

I don't know what Braums is, but I'm sure it's not near as good as your cooking! Don't take it as an insult. He just probably loved being able to eat his dinner in the car! Anything different thrills kids :) This is definitely an even that Andrew would love!

sleepyjingli said...

Love the first picture.
I have to say I really LOVE your family picture on the front page. Such a great shot!