Thursday, April 2, 2009

Playing Catchup

So the last few weeks have been a bit hectic.

We had great weather there for a while-- so we were spending pretty much every waking minute outside enjoying it. We got the kids a new swingset, so they have LOVED playing on it. In between good weather, it's been rainy, windy, cold or all 3. That's the thing I really don't like much about March/April-- every day is completely unpredictable. It's like-- make up your mind, already!

I decided to go back to work...well, sort of. I have taken a part time accounting job, working from home. When I worked at the Container Store before William was born, I became pretty good friends with a guy from the company we used for our Financial Software. I know, that sounds weird. But, long story short-- we implemented the software while I was there, and I was on the implementation team-- so we saw a lot of each other, and had to work together quite a bit. Needless to say, we recently (about a month ago) became "facebook friends." Well, he emailed me to see if I would be interested in working for them from home, on a part time basis! Uh-- get to start using my brain again AND make some extra money??? Sure. Sign me up. So, this week has been my first week. It's amazing how much I'm having to relearn after having been out of it the past 3 years. These kids can sure suck info out of our brains, huh?

Last weekend a travelling carnival came to town. I wouldn't normally go to one just b/c they seem kind of yucky to me, plus I just assumed they were expensive. But, William saw it, and just HAD to go on the merry-go-round (you know, like the one on Mary Poppins). He even asked if Mary Poppins would be there. It was SO COLD that day-- like in the 40s. I wasn't going to mention it to him after his nap-- hoping that he would forget about it. He didn't. So, we bundled up the kids and headed over there. Expensive? That's putting it nicely. It cost $3 per person to ride the stupid thing. But, we forked it over, and William and Hudson loved every minute of it, even with all the shivvering. We had enough tickets leftever for William to ride the little train too. So that's what we got for $10-- 2 rides on the merry-go-round and 1 ride on the little train.
Dave is in Canada this week on business. Thankfully, I have my mom/dad here to help with the kids. I have been spending the night over there-- which is a nice change of scenery, and I have help with the whole nightime routine. Plus, after the kids go to bed, I get to watch American Idol and chat with my mom until late at night. We don't get that just me and her time too often, so I'll take it when I can get it.

So, I guess it's not super hectic. But for sure keeping me busy, not to mention the day to day responsibilities of taking care of the kids, house and hubby. Oh, one of the biggest perks of getting this new job? Well, now that I'll be making extra money-- I'm going to hire someone to clean my house!!!! WOOHOO! Reason enough to take a part time job.

I will close for now. I will add a few pictures because what's a post without some pics of my boys?

2 comments:

Laura SanchezQuan said...

hhhmmmm I wonder how I can get my hubby to hire some one to clean our house! Everyone told me when we bought this house I would hate to clean it all. And I didn't believe them-foolish!!! (But wouldn't really trade it--just want a maid!) haha-- actually, the hubs IS an amazing help, to say the least! :)

Got your comment on my blog! That's cool you have the same crib! I love it! So excited!

The Andersons said...

Wow! That was alot of catching up! I'm excited for your new job. Can't wait to hear how you like it. Your kids sure get a kick out of the laundry baskets! Who needs toys anyway?