Sunday, January 11, 2009

Missing...

I hesitate to make this post for fear that it is "final." Our cat, 99, has been missing for nearly 72 hours. Our last sighting of her was Thursday evening during the football game. I don't know if she's in mourning/committed suicide because OU lost or what. She's not one to stay "hidden" for this long. Occasionally, she will bolt out the door, but usually only when the door has been open for long periods of time. This has not happened at all since then. And even when she does go outside she lasts all of about 1 minute. We have looked in all her hiding places and in every little nook and cranny of our house. We are mystified and a little sad too.

For those of you who see me regularly, you know that we have been contemplating giving her a new home. I don't know if I would actually ever go through with it though. I've come the decision that I'm not really a pet person, and my lack of attention to her just isn't fair. But the boys just love her, and surprisingly, she seems to love them in return. But, this isn't the way I would want to give her a new home.

I really would like to find her. But as the hours/days go on I'm becoming skeptical that it's going to happen.

3 comments:

The Andersons said...

AWWW...poor 99! She's probably just out on a secret mission with Agent 86. She couldn't tell you about it, obviously, because it would have compromised Control. I'm sure Chief will give you a call if she is in any trouble.

Melissa Batusic said...

OH NO! I am so sorry Meg! Let us know if she returns!

Kyle Oliphint said...

I am glad you didn't float any theories as to what happened to the cat...
;-)