Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I love Casserole exchange!

Each month I participate in what's called Casserole Exchange. Once a month some of us ladies get together and exchange casseroles. We each make 5, yummy, somewhat gourmet casseroles/frozen meals. We only bring 4 to the exchange, as we keep 1 for ourselves. Each one should serve 6 people. We have started splitting them b/c so many of us are fairly small families, and there ends up being so much wasted food. It's especially nice b/c that means small families actually get 8 to take home! That's enough for nearly 2 per week.
Our January exchange is this Friday, and during naps this afternoon I made mine. This month I made Crafty Crescent Lasagna. It's one of my favorite recipes, and I have yet to make it for the exchange.


Here are all of my ingredients
before I got started.







Finished product.
Here they are wrapped,
labelled and ready for the freezer.

2 comments:

Dolly said...

What a great idea! I'm going to have to see if I can do one of these here with my friends!

Melissa Batusic said...

Hey, I want the crafty lasagna recipe from you. And I have been wanting to know if 99 has returned???