Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Peter Rabbit

The day after we got back from Brazil William was in his 1st grade play, Peter Rabbit (I am just realizing that these posts are out of order. oh well). William was offered to play the part of Mr. McGregor, but unbeknownst to me, he turned it down because he thought "it would be more fun to be a bird" (his words, not mine!). I was a bit disappointed since a bird is not nearly as front and center to the story of Peter Rabbit. BUT, I bit my tongue since he was thrilled about his part as a bird.
And I'll admit, the bird costume was cool, and he did have 4 or 5 lines. So, it wasn't a total bust. :-)

They didn't allow pics during the performance, so here is part of the cast: the 4 birds, Peter Rabbit, Benjamin bunny, and Mr and Mrs McGregor.




2 comments:

Scott and Ashley said...

adorable!

Scott and Ashley said...

ha ha! Just thought about the fact that you and William were both offered the part of the villain in your first school play.

"I"m the mean old tooth decay...!" LOL