Thursday, November 8, 2012

What a privilege!!!

One of the most important duties I have as an American citizen is to vote, and I LOVE it. I love being part of the process. I love sharing with the boys how important it is. Granted, in Texas, it really doesn't matter when it comes to Presidential elections, as Texas always has and always will, go to the Republican. But, when the votes are in, and I see the little "ticker" at the bottom of the screen with the number of popular votes, I like to see that my vote it in there. 
The elections don't always go "my" way, but my Hope is not in the governing authorities of our country!

I was very excited to take William with me to vote. He really enjoyed seeing how it works, and I even let him color in one of the boxes!


Hudson watching the returns...

Lizzie and Kelly-- and sweet baby Leif

This was a "re-enacted" pic from 4 years ago.
here's the pose from the 2008 election. Pretty close, don't you think?


I got to feed sweet baby Leif his very first bottle! And he took it like a champ. Love that baby!



There are SO many things wrong with this pic. We were attempting a "re-enactment" of a similar pic from 4 years ago, but wow.
1. PHOTO BOMB by our friend Philip
2. Is Cindy chocking?
3. Does my mom's head look like it's been pasted on? Freaky.
4. We all just generally have disturbing looks on our faces.



Maybe a little bit better:

This is the pic from 2008:


Philip was still feeling a bit optimistic:

Regardless of the results, we had a good time with friends and family watching the returns come in. The thing that freaked us all out is that the next Presidential election William will be 10, Hudson will be 8, and Crew will be 5. YIKES!

2 comments:

Melissa Batusic said...

And you'll have another child!!!!

Melissa Batusic said...

And 2 more things.
1. Your neck doing the "down and forward" thing is out of control...every time I do it in pictures I look like a retard.
2. I can't believe Ga has electronic voting and TX doesn't! GA is usually the one behind the times!