Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Rock City Enchanted Garden of Lights

Well, we made it to the mountain yesterday! As soon as we got to town we hit Sticky Fingers for lunch with Dave's mom. It's his favorite BBQ spot, so his mom wanted to take us there. Then we headed up the mountain. The big boys went with Dave up to Covenant to play at the gym while Crew and I took a little nap. Last night, Pat stayed home to play with Crew and put him to bed while Dave, Bill, and I took William and Hudson to Rock City. We have never taken them there before because there are so many cliffs and drop offs, we've been afraid they'd take a flying leap. This proved to be a great age...they LOVED it. Thankfully, I managed to get ahold of 2 BOGO's while we were waiting in line, so that helped a lot. That place ain't cheap!
The bad news for this trip that I just discovered while we were at Rock City: my camera battery is dead, and I didn't bring my charger. Major bummer. Thankfully, we bought my MIL a half-way decent point and shoot for Christmas last year, so I will have to use that while we're here. But, for our Rock City adventure, the ole iPhone photos will have to do. Oh well. It's the experience that counts, right?









No comments: