Monday, January 25, 2010

potty training - day 8

I know that everyone has their own ideas about potty training. My philosophy is this: as SOON as they show interest/ability jump on that potty training bandwagon. William was 22 months when he showed those signs, and we were able to potty train him in about a week. Now, don't get me wrong, we had LOTS of accidents for a good 6 months. But for me, it was worth it.

Hudson started showing those signs right before Christmas, but with all the hustle and bustle, we decided to wait until things calmed down. Every week was crazy, so we kept putting it off. Well, since he was "quarantined" for a week because of his RSV, I decided to take action. It's been a bit slower than it was with William, but we're definitely getting there. We are pretty much no diapers except at naptime, bedtime, and being out of the house for more than 2 hours (like church, playdates, etc). So, far we've had very few accidents, and most of those have been poopoo.

But this weekend we hit a milestone. He has pooped 3 times in the potty!!! Now, he's not telling us he needs to go (William was the same way for a LONG time). We just take him every hour or so. I'm optimistic that we are making great progress. I bought a huge box of diapers at Costco this weekend, and I'm hoping that it will be my last huge box...............

3 comments:

Molly said...

Your life sounds really exciting!! :)

Laura SanchezQuan said...

funnily enough or perhaps sadly enough, this interest me. You are doing good Mommy!

Janelle said...

I SO agree with you! How's potty training now (sorry, I'm a bit behind on my blog stalking...been potty training myself here).