Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thankful for my boys!

Last night, after I finished working, we took the boys to the pool. I finish working at 7, and the pool closes at 8. It's not too crowded, not too hot, and a nice way to spend some time after dinner and before bedtime (Plus, it really tires the kids out so that there is no fussing when it's bedtime!)

We were in the pool playing around, and I noticed 3 little girls playing together. They were probably 7 or 8 years old (maybe younger?). At one point, 2 of the girls were separated slightly from the other girl-- and they were right near me so that I could hear what they were saying. Here is the conversation I overheard:
Girl 1: "Don't tell 'girl #3' but you are my best friend
Girl 2: "Am I your #1 best friend?"
Girl 1: "Yes, #1. But don't tell anyone, ok?"
Girl 3: [swimming over] "what are you guys talking about?"
Girls 1&2: "oh, nothing."

Girls are so mean to each other!

1 comment:

Melissa Batusic said...

Sounds like a conversation that you and Ashley had on the playground in elementary school! Ha! I probably would have been the 3rd girl that you all would have lied to. :)