Thursday, July 5, 2012

Food for my Soul

Well, it's about that time again. Our 9th annual Girls Trip ended last week, and it was, yet again, superb. We all agreed that it was one of the best yet. Of course, the location (Fowl Cay, Bahamas) wasn't too shabby...but I think we all just NEEDED to be together. I titled this post "Food for my Soul" because when I am with these girls, I feel like it really is food for my soul. We get to "re-live" college, laugh like we never do unless we're together, eat to our hearts content, relax, share what's going on in our lives, etc. It's one of the things I look forward to the most every year.

Melissa's dad, Pinky, generously offered to take us to the island again this year. How could we refuse??? Angela was back from Cambodia, so she was able to join us, which was extra special because she hadn't been on Girls Trip in 3 years! Melissa's sister, Katie and her friend Sarah also joined us, and they were a great addition.

This was my 4th trip to the island, and it never gets old. Seeing the islands from the plane is amazing every time. Every year, we hope to see Johnny Depp...this year, we FINALLY did!
 We spent our arrival day hanging out on the island...it's even more beautiful these days. Melissa's uncle, Norman, has been living there, and he is taking AMAZING care of the island. He has built a tikki hut, lots of signs, and just has generally been making the island feel like an amazing resort.
 Of course, we had to visit pig island, lunch at Staniel Cay, and pics at Sampson Cay
 Something new for us: swimming with nurse sharks at Compass Cay! I was pretty nervous, but when in Rome, right? It was fun!!!
 One of our favorite things to do after a day out in the boat/snorkeling/exploring, we love to just sit on the beach. We talk for hours about what's going on in our lives. And of course, we do LOTS of laughing.
 How can you go to a remote part of the Bahamas and NOT go snorkeling? The snorkeling there is amazing!!
 Pinky is so good to us. He takes us cruising all day long on the boat. It's a BLAST zooming around, checking out various islands, snorkeling in different areas, looking at all the fancy yachts, etc.

Uncle Norm has started having visitors to the island paint a sign for the side of the shed. We painted one (well, Ash, Ange, and Melis did most of the work), and it was so cute! I can't wait to go back again and paint another...

I say it every year, but as I get older and have more babies, the more I realize how much of a blessing it is to get to take a trip every year with some of the best friends a girl could ask for. I am so thankful that these amazing girls have been placed in my life, and I look forward to many more years of Girls Trips ahead of us!

3 comments:

Melissa Batusic said...

Awww...makes me sad it's over! Love you, Meg. Great job on the pics!

Tasha said...

Just WOW!

Katie Henry said...

Hey chick! loved hanging with you! so great to catch up on life and see your beautfiul face! thanks for a great time!