Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Mavs and me

Last night Dave and I went to game 4 of the NBA finals. Dave managed to get the tickets from his work, so we didn't even have to take out a 2nd mortgage for the tickets! We got there nice and early...you know, to take in the "feel" of the game. We had pretty good seats: section 112. We were on the floor about 15 rows from the court, behind the Mavs basket and to the left a little.

As soon as we sat down (and collected our 'thunder sticks', noise makers, and 'Our Time is Now' tshirts) a man came up to us and introduced himself to us. He worked at the arena, and he wanted to know if I'd be willing to be in a contest during the game. Of course, I agreed. It was to be during the 2nd time out in the 2nd quarter. Blackjack was the game.

As soon as the 2nd quarter started, I headed down to the court and stood on the sidelines with the rest of the crew until it was my time. As soon as the timeout came, they rushed us out onto the floor. A huge "King" was placed on the floor in front of me, with 6 turned down cards a little further out. I had to pick a cards, one at a time, until I reached 19, 20 or 21. Each number had a prize, going up in value depending on how well I did.

you can sort of see me in the middle of this pic. I'm standing next to a guy in black pants, and behind a "guard" in a red jacket:
 Dave resorted to taking pics on the jumbo tv to get a better view!

I ended up getting 20 points, and winning a 4G phone and $400! Not too shabby for a quick game. I was just excited to be down on the court!!!


The atmosphere at the game was AMAZING. Everyone was super excited, and we did A LOT of standing up. But, it was very fun. Oh, and the Mavs WON! WOOHOO!



4 comments:

Scott and Ashley said...

Only you!!!!

maren said...

How incredibly fun! Things like that don't happen to me...maybe one day!

Tasha said...

COOL! How fun for you!

Melissa Batusic said...

I'm with ash...only YOU! Love you!