Saturday, February 14, 2009

Oh, and by the way...

I finished my detox yesterday. I didn't cheat once! I was so proud of myself. I was making Valentine's cookies Wed and Thurs, and it took an amazing amount of will power not to eat the dough. Don't worry, I ate a cookie today since I missed out on it during the week. I am glad I did it. I do feel healthier, detoxed, and a bit lighter (I lost 7lbs!!!). Now, let's just see if I can keep those lbs off. I won't worry about that today though... I'll start tomorrow. I recommend the detox, if you're interested in doing one. It's not too difficult. While I did get hungry a lot, I never once (well, except for the 1st night) felt uncomfortably hungry. It really made me notice how many little licks and tastes I take that I never even think about. I had to stop myself numerous times from taking tastes of the boys' food, etc. I could never sustain that kind of eating for a long period of time. I do feel a sense of accomplishment though.

1 comment:

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

I think that is SO TRUE. I pick at my kids' food all day and don't even realize it. Maybe THAT'S why I'm carrying around extra lbs. Sigh.