Friday, December 12, 2008

Everything you ever wanted to know about me...Christmas Style

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? At Christmas, wrapping paper. I like for all my presents to match. This year my theme is red/white. Red paper with white "jingle bells" all over it and white paper with red candy cane stripes.
2. Real tree or Artificial? REAL!!! And even if I wanted to do fake, Dave would veto it.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Early January.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my corn silk cabbage patch kid.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My in-laws.
8. Easiest person to buy for? my kids.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I'd like to get one. Maybe an after Christmas sale this year.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. This is a tradition that should not ever be replaced by technology.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Christmas 2003-- our 1st Christmas being married. I told Dave NOT to get me shoes b/c I wanted to pick them out myself. So he bought be 2 pair - a black and brown of the SAME shoe. They were HIDEOUS. But he thought I would like them b/c I had a pair of flip flops in the same brand. They got returned the day after Christmas.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I always try to start in October, with the goal of finishing by Thanksgiving. But, usually I'm not done until mid December. I just finished mine last night.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm not gonna deny it, though I can't think of something off the top of my head.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Depends on the cuisine. This year we're doing Italian, so I"m looking forward to homemade pasta.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, small white ones.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy. Or Jewel's "Rudolph"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Normally we travel either to my parents in Oklahoma or to Dave's parents in Georgia. This year we get to spend it with both families at OUR house.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I think so
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A silver Star.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Spending SO MUCH money.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like a hodge podge of ornaments. Some from our childhood, some we're collected, and now some homemade ones from Willialm.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I'm looking forward to Italian this year.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a pasta attachment for my Kitenaid Mixer (noticing a theme?)


*****Three things you are wearing right now…not necessarily in any order
1. running shoes
2. sweatshirt
3. workout capris

*****Two things you want very badly at the moment.
1. silence
2. breakfast.

*****Two things you did last night:
1. went to my neice's 1st dance recital
2. went to bed early

*****Two things you ate today
1. coffee
2. and getting ready to eat oatmeal

*****Two things you are going to do tomorrow
1. going to a cookie exchange
2. eating those cookies

*****Three of your favorite beverages:
1. lemonade
2. diet dr pepper
3. margarita

No comments: